All of the photographic images on this web site are protected under United States and international copyright law. Jenny E. Ross is the owner of the copyright on all images, and exclusively reserves all rights with regard to every use of such images. It is illegal to save, copy, print, electronically link, alter, manipulate, or distribute any images shown on this site without prior written permission from Jenny E. Ross.
Some people mistakenly believe that they can properly use any image they see on the Internet in any way they like. In fact, however, rights-protected images - including all of the images on this website - can be viewed on screen, but cannot be legally used in any other way whatsoever without prior written permission from the owner of the copyright. Anyone who uses a rights-protected image in any unauthorized manner is subject to prosecution for copyright infringement.
In particular, note the following:
• Any type of use of a copyrighted image -- including saving the image digitally, electronically, or in analog form, copying or printing the image, electronically linking the image, altering or manipulating the image, and/or making a "derivative use" of the image -- requires the prior written permission of the copyright holder of the original image.
• An artist's rendering of a photographic image in another medium is a derivative use of an image and therefore requires the prior written permission of the copyright owner of the original image.
• Re-creating a photographic image is a derivative use and therefore requires the prior written permission of the copyright owner of the original image.
• Altering an image and/or combining it with other images or text are derivative uses and therefore require the prior written permission of the copyright owner of the original image.
• Penalties for copyright infringement are monetary, and can be severe.
For more information regarding copyright issues, visit the web site of the U.S. Copyright Office.